We are starting now to do kick counting. I had heard about this before but haven't ever really taken the time to do the test. This baby moves SO much throughout the day I have never worried about it. I practiced last night and had 10 kicks in about 10 minutes. Pretty funny! Dr. Spencer kind of chuckled during our ultrasound and said that he is a mover! Hopefully that means our guy will be a natural athlete like his daddy!
We didn't get any pictures from the ultrasound, but we did get a dvd. I am going to try to make a clip of the dvd to put on our blog. Might take me a while to figure that one out, but I think it would be fun! He has the cutest little lips and was opening and closing his mouth a lot when we were looking at his profile. I just am so excited for this little bundle of joy to arrive. I am so anxious to meet him and be up with him all night and day. Oh, it is going to be such an adventure, but one that I am really looking forward to.
Things are still going well. I feel like I look huge and way more pregnant than I really am, but that is okay. I don't mind it one bit. I still sleep great at night and only use two pillows! One for my head and a body pillow between my knees. I think that is pretty good for only 11 weeks to go. These 29 weeks have just flown by and I have an inkling that the next 11 are going to be turtlish. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas Day! School is winding down and we are starting to get things much more ready for the baby to come. I anticipate we will have the nursery all ready in the next couple weeks. It gives me butterflys thinking about it all.
The wonderful teachers at my school threw me a baby shower this week and it was amazing. I have to admit, I was a little worried that no one would show up! I only have a few really close friends here at VHS, but I was overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support that the teachers here showed me. There was a great outcome and way too many darling little presents. Our little boy was entirely spoiled with darling beanies, socks, too many outfits to count, a boppy for feeding, a diaper genie, and a fun little high chair for when he is old enough to sit up in it. It really brought tears to my eyes to see so many wonderful people there who wanted to support me and the baby. That was the greatest gift of all. I feel so incredibly blessed to be a part of this Viking family. The teachers and administrators here are truly the best and also really amazing people. It was such a fun day.
I will have to post pictures of all the darling gifts later. We are so grateful for the many people in our lives who love and support us in all we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment