Tuesday, May 24, 2011

29 Weeks

Wow! Am I really 11 weeks away from bringing this handsome little boy into the world? The anticipation for this little boys arrival is building daily and we are so so excited to meet him. I wonder all the time what he looks like and what kind of personality he will have. I know he will be an angel :)

I have continued to feel really good pregnancy wise. This past week I came down with a cold though. I don't understand how I can go 8 months without getting sick once with all these teenagers wiping their boogers on the desks and sneezing and coughing all over and then with 2 weeks left of school I get a way bad cold! It has taken my voice, made me sound like little miss piggy and brought some redness to my nose, but I feel like the cold is on the down swing now. I am feeling better and not blowing my nose near as much as before. It will just be nice when I am not sick anymore.

One thing about pregnancy lately that I have really noticed is that clothes are so not comfortable. I think if I could come to work in my Nike dry fit capris everyday then I would be a happy camper, but jeans, dress pants, and even some of my skirts are just not doing it for me. I can hardly stand anything touching my belly. I hope this is normal, but just that constant pressure of something being there makes me a little bit sick. I guess if that is the least of my troubles, then I am doing alright.

We maybe have thought of a name that we really like and are starting to call him by. I don't know if I am ready to disclose the name just quite yet based on reactions we got from our other names, but it is fun to think of him with a name rather than just baby brew.

I have been getting the biggest urges to workout lately. It is probably due to the fact that my face is blowing up with pregnancy, but also maybe that I am thinking about my after pregnancy goal of running the Ogden Marathon. I have convinced Jeff, by some miracle, to run it with me next year. I cannot wait to start training and getting back into running. It has been a LONG time since I have ran more than 3 miles (like probably 8 or 9 months!) but I am hopeful that I will have a lot of determination to lose all this baby weight. It is something I wish I could start training for right now! I guess 2-3 months from now will be fine though.

I have taken some recent pictures (ugh, I especially hate them right now cause I am looking huge) but I have yet to upload them. I will post them as soon as I upload them.

Like I said earlier, I have been feeling great as I get closer to that 30 week mark. I do have the worst charlie horses in my calves when I sleep though! It is bizarre to me. I never ever had them before I was pregnant and now I swear I wake up at least once or twice a night because of a charlie horse! They suck! I have been eating bananas every day trying to help with the cramping legs, but I just dont understand them one bit. I also have been getting a twitch at the very top of my abdomen. It is kind of a funny feeling! At first I thought the baby had the hiccups, but I am pretty sure it is just a twitch now. Although, this little guy is a mover! Sometimes I have to give him some room cause he is doing back flips and aerials in my tummy ;) I think he is either going to be really athletic or have Restless Leg Syndrome. Hopefully its the first. We will love him no matter what though.

This week we have an ultrasound with Dr. Spencer. I am really looking forward to seeing our babes again! I know he has grown so much (especially because of how much I have grown). Pictures to come.

No comments: