Tuesday, January 4, 2011

9 weeks!

Tomorrow I will be 9 weeks prego! I cannot believe how fast the weeks go by. I feel like it was just yesterday that I went to my first appointment. And, in just a few short weeks I will have my second appointment (this time I am making Jeff come with me, even though I know how much he wanted to be at the first one too).

Supposedly this week the baby is the size of a large grape. I cannot believe how this tiny little thing growing inside of me can make me feel so incredibly nauseated. There are times at school when I am teaching and I wonder if I am going to lose my breakfast right then and there. Oh, how I hope so much that this NEVER happens! What a nightmare that would be! *Ginger Ale has been my best friend for the last few weeks. I don't know if the myth that ginger helps is true or not, but it has been at least somewhat helpful for me.

I still don't know when I should tell my principal that I am prego. Obviously, my family is going to be the first to know, but when do I tell my boss? I hope he is understanding and excited for me. I anticipate him being that way because he is the nicest person in the world, but I guess you never really can be sure.
 Here is this weeks update for the baby :)

Your new resident is nearly an inch long —about the size of a grape— and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. S/he's starting to look more and more human. Her/His essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her/his tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her/His eyes are fully formed, but her/his eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. S/he has tiny earlobes, and the mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, s/he's poised for rapid weight gain.



I am hesitant to put pictures of my belly up here because I am not really even showing yet and I still feel super bloated and fat. Haha, I guess that is what you get when you start worrying about your job more than you do your body. But, I am sure I will break down in the coming weeks and get something of a belly pic posted up here. Maybe at 3 months ;)

Jeff and I are thinking of telling our families that we are pregnant on the 23rd. That is right before my 12 week appointment and we figure that is long enough to hold in the secret anyway. It has been SO hard for me to keep! I just want to tell everyone because I am so excited to soon be a mommy to a sweet little angel baby!

No comments: