Thursday, December 30, 2010

8 weeks 1 day!

oh boy... (or girl)... this baby is making me sick! I have heard though that morning sickness is a good thing because it usually means that everything is going just right. But, really... this whole porcelain bowl relationship is getting really old! I can't seem to figure out the morning thing. From the second I get out of bed I am *excuse my language* puking. ugh. I hate throwing up so much, but no matter if I have a few crackers in bed, drink a little ginger ale, try eating breakfast right away... I still am spending the morning losing whatever went in or nothing at all. If any moms out there have tips, I am all for them! I am getting really nervous about going back to school because I am just having the hardest time keeping things down in the morning.

Along with the morning sickness I am having a lot of the other joys of pregnancy including a super heightened sense of smell. Wow, everywhere I go something smells so strong and usually it isn't a good scent! The cupboard makes me sick, as well as garages, cars, pollution, smoke, kitchens, ugh... just strong smells are not good. I feel like I have been really good at hiding my sickness though. I haven't had to run to the bathroom anywhere except for at my own house!

Another joy of pregnancy that I have been experiencing is a heightened sense of emotions. oh. my. lanta. I feel like I am fighting back tears all the time. Not necessarily tears of sadness, more so when I am watching the news and see different stories (good ones or sad ones) I find myself tearing up! It is crazy! Jeff and I went and saw the movie "How Do You Know" and honestly, it wasn't even that good of a movie and I started crying during it! Jeff looked at me like I was a crazy person and just giggled with me. I don't know what it is, but I just am super emotional.

Even with these crazy changes in my body and emotional state, I am really loving this experience. I can't believe we are already at 8 weeks. I am really excited for when we get to tell our families. Jeff's family will be excited, but they already have nieces and a nephew and his grandparents have tons of great-grandkiddies... my family doesn't have any nieces, nephews, or great-grandkids! I can't wait to see the reaction of my parents (soon to be grandparents), my brothers (soon to be uncles!), and my grandparents (soon to be great-grands!)!!! This is such a fun time. It is safe to say that we are just really excited!

No comments: