Well, We are definitely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I had my 37 week appointment yesterday and I am sad to say that this little guy is being stubborn and has not turned. That means that I will be going in to the hospital suuuuuper early tomorrow (Wednesday) morning to have them perform an External Version. (Google it if you don't know what it is). I think it will be an interesting experience. The doctor said that it usually takes just a few minutes to turn the baby and then they will monitor me and the baby for a couple hours before I can go home. I am feeling more and more comfortable with doing a version. I am not sure if it is all the praying I have been doing or if it is just something I know needs to be done to reduce the chances of a C-Section. I just hope that after the Version he will stay head down!
I got in the picture taking kick last week... not sure why! But, here are a few from Week 36.
![]() |
| This is me at 35 Weeks and 6 Days |
![]() |
| 36 Weeks and 1 Day |
![]() |
| 36 Weeks and 3 Days - This was taken the day of my Family Baby Shower |
On Saturday, both sides of my family threw a combined baby shower at Diane Austin's home in Layton. It was so much fun to have both groups together. Our families get along so well and it made for a big party! Our little boy is going to be best-dressed, have the most fun toys, and he will ride in style with his new stroller. I was completely overwhelmed at the generosity of our families. They are so incredible and truly are helping us so much in bringing this boy into the world. He would not be able to have the things and necessities he does without our families. We are so so so thankful for them and all they do for us.
I realize this picture is way blurry, but it was one of the two pictures I got from my family shower! I really needed a sister to be in charge of taking pictures! Oh well, It was so fun and I know I will never forget it.
After our friends shower on Wednesday (didn't get pictures at that one either... you would think I'd learn. nope.) and the family shower, I had to exchange some things for different sizes and I went to Babies-R-Us and FINALLY got to use the "Expectant Mother" parking. I had always heard of this but never knew where these magical signs appeared. Now I know... go to the baby stores. It was nice because I had to return the stroller for a different color and it was definitely a blessing to be close to the entrance lugging that thing in!
Well, we are down to 3 weeks left before this sweet boy joins our family for real. I am so anxious to meet him. Selfishly, I wish he could come early so we could meet him early, but I know he needs to keep growing and getting stronger inside the womb. I am feeling so peaceful and calm with the expectations I have of being a mother. I know there will be times when I don't know what in the world I am doing and how I can take care of this little angel, but that is kind of what Heavenly Father is for. I know he will be right there with us. I am so excited to snuggle this baby, change his poppy diapers, feed him and get to know his little personality. I am excited to hear him cry and coo (is that weird? I am sure I will regret saying that). I am excited to see whose features he has and what color his hair is (I've got a good guess, but you never know! Blonde or Red?? haha jk) I just can't wait to show him how much we love him already. I just have so much love in my heart for this little boy and I think all the time about seeing him for the first time and I just know I am going to be a big baby and cry because this is my baby boy and he is ours and we love him more than anything. I am going to miss feeling him move around inside of me and kick and wiggle and hiccup... but I will get to see him do all those things when he is here and knowing that we created him is just so amazing. Such a miracle.
I think we are pretty much ready for him to be here. We have all the basic things that we need... a crib, changing table, rocking chair, stroller, carseat, diaper bag, diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, swaddlers, phew... the list just keeps going. We are ready! I can't wait until he is ready :)




3 comments:
You look so amazing! I'm so excited for you. Good luck with the next 3 weeks! :)
You are truly the cutest prego lady I have ever seen! I can't get enough of your darling belly and I can't wait to see it (and you) tomorrow!
Good luck with getting that little one turned the right way! Hope it all goes well! I guess we both get to play the waiting game now!
Post a Comment