Sunday, April 10, 2011

22 weeks and 4 days

I have noticed this week that I have really started to actually "feel" pregnant. As weird as that may sound, I have felt really good so far and have been enjoying my pregnancy so much. This week I realized that even just eating a little bit makes me feel so full! I definitely feel like I am overeating when I do eat, so I need to be better at rationing out my meals. I used to be able to put food down, but there is definitely not enough room anymore! I feel like I look really pregnant, but I do know that I have a ways to go and will get a lot bigger. Not too excited about that but I am excited about this sweet baby boy and making this experience the best it possibly can be.

I have been struggling with exercising lately and feel winded with a lot of the things that I do now. If any of you moms out there have good advice or suggestions for exercising while pregnant, I would love to hear anything. I feel like I am losing a lot of my endurance and that I am putting on unnecessary pounds rather than baby weight. I don't want my weight to get out of control and I feel like I am eating pretty healthy. I don't have cravings for sweets at all and I really don't eat ice cream or "treats" as much as I probably want to, mainly because they don't sound good. I guess I am just not sure what I can do to exercise while I am pregnant. I cannot wait until the sun starts shining so I can go for walks/jogs. I dread the cold right now.

I have been feeling this little boy move around a LOT! It has been such an amazing feeling. I still get so excited when I am laying down or even just throughout the day when I am paying attention to him and I feel him flip around or kick or move (whatever it is he is doing in there). It makes me feel so much joy and really makes me excited for when he is out of the womb. But I am still enjoying him being in the womb. To me, being pregnant and just being able to carry a baby feels like such a miracle. The experience is indescribable. I feel so blessed to be able to connect with our baby boy in a way that no one else will. Selfish? Maybe. But I do love it.

I have been looking at cribs and bedding and carseats and pretty much everything big lately. We have been given a crib from a family member that they used for their kids. What are your thoughts on hand-me-down furniture? I have this feeling that I want everything new, but then again, we could use a lot of the money we would save by just using the hand-me-downs. I don't know if we want to splurge and buy a whole new bedroom set or what we should do. Thoughts?

4 comments:

Whit said...

Missy! Love your baby blog! There is a blog where she redid a hand me down crib and it is amazing!
allthignsthrifty.blogspot.com. Just go to refinished furniture! Just an idea!

Whitney

Traci said...

Just because I love to comment..... :)
I say take anything you can get hand-me-down wise. I wanted new everything too, but fortunately we got a crib from my parents neighbor and just painted it black. I'm glad we did too because as soon as teeth started coming for Sawyer, he used the sides as a teether..... I wasn't so happy about it, but glad it was a free crib rather than $500!
Once the boys are a little older we'll get bunk beds, and of course the more that come the more dressers we'll have to get and decorations will change.... but personally I'd rather spend the money other places clothes, college/mission savings and diapers :)
So so fun! And crazy it's already gone so fast.

DandJBrewer said...

While I was prego it was too hot for me to exercise outside so I go a few videos that were specific for pregnancy. They were awesome and helped me feel good until the end! As for feeling winded, totally normal! You have way less room for your lungs to expand and baby requires a lot more oxygen than before. Your endurance will come back as soon as that lil guy is out and you will bounce right back. BTW I wish I looked half as great as you do prego when I was, your doing just perfect! You need a lil extra weight for breastfeeding too, and all women gain weight different while prego. So just keep eating healthy and exercise and don't stress about weight too much because your doing great!

The Vimahi's said...

I am for sure one for hand me down furniture. As long as it is in good condition it is so worth it. As far as exercising, you should come to water aerobics with me. It seems like the only thing that I can do that is comfortable. Let me know if you want to go. It is just at Surf n Swim. The first baby is so fun. Really happy for you!!!