It is honestly crazy to me to think that my little guy is half way baked and that I will be 22 weeks this coming week. This probably is starting to sound like a broken record, but seriously the time is flying by. I am starting to realize that I still have SO much to do to prepare for this little baby to come. I haven't decided on nursery colors, bedding, a crib, a carseat, pretty much anything for that matter! I really need to get my bum in gear and start thinking about the essentials for our little angel.
Anyway, last week we were able to see baby brew at our 20 week (really 21 weeks though) ultrasound. He looks GREAT! Super active and the cutest little baby I have ever seen in my life! His features are adorable and perfect in every way!! The first shot our sonographer got was of his "boy stuff." She told us that if this baby isn't a boy then she would buy us two baby outfits because she is about 100% positive he is all guy! Here are the goods!
This profile shot just gives me the goose bumps. He is so stinking cute! This makes me so happy to see his handsome little nose and to know that everything is going great so far. I found out that my placenta is anterior, just right above my belly button. I was relieved to know this just because my sister in law and others that I know have had problems with placenta previa. So I am good in that department. The heart beat is also very good and he has all the things he needs for it to work properly! The stomach and umbilical cord all look great as well! Our little guy is a champ!
![]() |
| Doesn't his profile just make your heart melt? |
The sonographer tried to get some pictures in 3D but it honestly looks like a big ol' mess! I can barely see him in this, but if you look carefully, his head is on the left side of the picture and his hand is in his mouth. It actually looks like he is sucking on his thumb. I really hope we don't have a thumbsucker on our hands ;)
And here is a picture of him saying "Hey Mom and Dad! Love you guys!" hehe, I just love these appointments when we get to see him. It makes him seem so much more alive and real. For a while there I would forget that I was even pregnant sometimes! He has really made my second trimester easy! I haven't felt one bit sick and he has allowed for me to work out and stay active for a really long time! He sure does love his mama!
Something really exciting happened just the other day. When Jeff and I went to bed I took a minute to just lay there with my hand on my tummy hoping I could feel the baby. All the sudden *kick*. I totally felt him kick! Not just on the outside, but I could feel it on the outside. I hurried and grabbed Jeff's hand and so he could feel and baby brew gave him another good 3-4 kicks! It was such an amazing feeling. Honestly, up to that point I really hadn't felt anything that strong before. I feel him every day now and it is so fun. Being able to feel my baby really calms me and helps me to know that he is still in there, growing like a weed! I can't explain the feeling, but it is truly amazing.
Lately in my pregnancy I have had a rollercoaster of emotions. Now that we are half way there I am starting to get really excited about being a mommy. I wonder what kind of mom I will be. Will I be the tough love kind of mom? a push over mom? Will I be able to teach my son everything he needs to know to be successful in life? Will he recognize the importance of the Gospel in his parent's lives? Will he be strong enough to withstand the temptations that I see in the high schools today? I worry so much that he will fall victim to the "bad crowd." Knowing his daddy, this seems nearly impossible. Jeff is an amazing person and I know he will be best buds with our little guy, but these are all things that cross my mind. What will our sweet little angel be like?

2 comments:
These pictures make me so excited for you! I can't believe you are more than half way! You are going to be an incredible momma.
Oh this is such a great stage of pregnancy! It's seriously all so exciting and fun. I'm glad everything with the little man is going well and he's growing as he should, it's always such a relief to go to these appointments and check up on them. You need to post more baby bump pics, you look super cute! Ahh.. so excited for you.. it's so fun!
Post a Comment