This week I am finally 15 weeks! I feel like I say this every single time I post, but seriously, the time is flying by! In just a short 5 weeks I will be half way through this pregnancy. So weird to think about. I can honestly hardly believe it. At the very beginning of my 14th week I was feeling GREAT! Seriously, I went a whole 7 days without throwing up. Sorry for the honesty, but that is a huge accomplishment for me. I woke up yesterday morning, Valentines Day, feeling a little bit sick, but nothing like before. Jeff made me this incredible breakfast with overeasy eggs (my absolute fave!), pink waffles (how incredibly cute is he?!), and sausage! Seriously, he got up at 6 am to make me a VDay breakfast! He is amazing in every way! Anyway, as I had just finished eating this delicious breakfast I started feeling sick. ugh. I felt so horrible that I was going to throw up all his hard work. In fact, I felt so bad that I didn't even tell him. **Jeff, if you're reading this, I am so sorry :(** Anyway, it was the best pregnant Valentines that I have ever had :) Okay, so it is the only one I have ever had, but Jeff made it so special for me. I had to work extra late cause some bonehead scheduled parent teacher conferences on Valentines Day... so I didn't get home until after 7 and we had plans to watch The Bachelor with some friends. When I got home, Jeff surprised me with a sweet gift-- for both of us-- a gift card to Tai Pan!!! I can't wait to go find some awesome decorations for our house. So so excited! And then we picked up a delish pizza and headed over to watch the show. It was such a fun evening and I couldn't have pictured anything better. A night cuddling close to both my babes is all I could ever want! Greatest VDay this year!
As for the baby, I am at the point in my pregnancy where I am not sick anymore, but I cannot feel the baby move. Sometimes I look down at my belly and ask this baby "Is everything okay in there??" I don't feel pregnant! (besides the fact that my clothes are all getting tighter and I feel like all I ever want to wear is a dress or skirt... Jeans are not comfy at all!) But I just cannot wait until next week when I actually get to see my baby! And Jeff will get to see the baby for the first time... AND they are looking for gender! Oh what an exciting appointment! I look forward to every appointment because it just means that I get to see that precious little peanut growing so furiously inside of me. It helps comfort me so much when I can actually see my baby or hear the heartbeat. Doctor Spencer also told me to bring a DVD so I am really excited about having the ultrasound documented if we are able to see if it is a girl or boy kickin around in there.
I have also really loved talking to women who are mothers. I feel like they understand the fears that I am having, the feelings and emotions that are running wildly through my body. I was talking with a fellow teacher yesterday and she made me feel so much more comfortable about being a full time mother and a full time teacher. She said that when she had her baby she was having a lot of the same feelings that I have been feeling. I am scared that I will not want to go back to work after I have this baby. In fact, I just know that I will not. But she said she felt the same way and when she took a year off she missed teaching so much and she has loved coming back to teaching. They have an amazing daycare at our school and teachers get first priority. Teachers can go see their children during the day, have lunch with them, feed them, anything they need throughout the day, they are right there. It definitely made me feel so much better about the situation.
Our baby is now the size of an apple or orange! Getting bigger :) I can definitely tell as my tummy starts expanding more! I told my classes today that I was pregnant. It was fun to see their excitement for me. I feel like they actually like me more because of it. Is that weird? Maybe I should have gotten pregnant earlier haha that way they would have liked me more! jk jk. It was nice to have them ask questions and be so interested in something I didn't really think they would care much about at all. Kind of fun. I will try to remember to take a picture of my belly again tonight because I definitely feel like it has grown since two weeks ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment