Well, tomorrow I will officially be 2 weeks out from my due date and one week out from our scheduled C. I am feeling larger and and getting more uncomfortable every day. I think yesterday was really the first time I thought to myself... wow, my body hurts right now. I have felt a lot of different kind of pain, mainly due to playing volleyball my whole life, and this pain is so so different. Its not that soreness where you can't walk because you maxed out in the gym that morning, or because you have been playing 2 a days for a week straight and you've jumped about a million times. It is more just pure exhaustion. That is what makes my body hurt the most. Just how tired it is all the time. I feel like it should feel so rested and good in the morning, but that is when my back aches the most. It is hard enough to just roll out of bed! (in a literal sense of the word roll) :) haha! I am pretty huge and I feel huge. For the longest time I didn't even feel that big, I just looked really big... I definitely feel it now. I am so ready to have this baby and to reap the rewards of the last nine months. Pregnant women make pregnancy look so easy. It really is harder than it looks. I am just glad I have made it this far.
I go in to the doctor tomorrow morning for my 38 week appointment. I am excited to hear what he has to tell me. I am anxious to hear more about the C Section operation and what I need to do to prepare and feel prepared for such an intense surgery. I know the baby hasn't flipped still. I can just feel those swift kicks to my cervix and that always is a quick reminder that he is still breech. I wish I could say that he isn't and that I don't have to worry about the recovery process of having a C section, but I am afraid it is just not in the cards this time around. I have been so blessed to have Jeff by my side this whole time. He gets me through each and every day and is so positive and kind. He always tells me how beautiful I look (even though really I look like an elephant or a cow) and he always is offering to rub my feet or my back and really those little things make such a big difference.
A week from tomorrow, Jeff and I will be parents. Incredibly proud parents. I can't lie and say that I am not a little bit nervous... I for sure am. Will I be able to take the long hours of sleeplessness and nightly feedings? Will I survive those first few weeks of feedings every 1-2 hours? I am nervous thinking about this new adventure, but we are so ready. We are so excited and anxious to meet our little boy. I can hardly believe he is ours. Brings tears of joy.
so. much. joy.
4 comments:
It is so exciting to know that it's only a week away til you can hold your little guy in your arms! Good luck with it all! You'll do great
so excited for you.
call me if you want to talk c-section. i can talk you top to bottom through the whole thing!
I am so excited for you guys! It really is such a wonderful feeling to hold him for the first time. You always hear about how strongly you feel the spirit when you see them and hear them cry for the first time and realize it's all part of God's plan and it's so true! I'm so excited for you guys! You'll do great!
-Shanna
Yeah, I'm excited for you! I know a c-section isn't ideal, but how lucky to have that option to make things easier and safer for you both.
Reading this makes me get excited, it is about time to reap the rewards, and I feel ya, it starts to get hard and extremely uncomfortable. We moms have it rough.... but at the same time there is nothing better than holding your baby for the first time :)
Good luck, I can't wait to read about Baby Brewer when he gets here!
Post a Comment