Monday, March 7, 2011

18 Weeks!!

Well, this week marks the 18th week and that makes me really really excited! 18 weeks means that I am only 2 weeks away from being half way through the pregnancy and also that I am that much closer to feeling this baby move! That is what I look forward to the most. I know that a lot of women say it is so fun to feel the baby, but soon enough you will start wishing they weren't moving so much and kicking your ribs and beating up your insides... however, I would SO much rather have that than feel nothing. I am very very excited to feel this babe.

I have been feeling GREAT! Seriously, I almost cannot believe how good I feel. I have more energy than ever! Almost more than I had when I wasn't pregnant. The only thing that is getting hard is exercising. Last week on my 3 mile runs I had to slow down my pace quite a bit just because the belly was rockin a little bit too much! I wouldn't necessarily say it was painful, but it definitely felt weird. At a slower pace it was completely fine though. It just takes me that much longer to get to 3 miles. Oh well. We are in our last week of volleyball... which I am happy about because it feels weird to jump and I won't dive on the ground anymore because I am too scared of hurting the baby. So, I feel pretty helpless on our team, but it has still been fun to be a part of. I am loving this second trimester though. It is amazing the difference not having morning sickness makes! I feel so much better and I don't have to worry about being close to a bathroom after I eat or early in the morning. Makes life much more enjoyable :)

This week my books tell me that my appetite will be growing. I honestly feel like it is decreasing! It is weird. I feel like I eat hardly anything before I am full to the brim and then a few short hours later after feeling completely stuffed, I am already hungry. I guess this baby just needs a little bit more often. The books also say that the baby may start getting the hiccups and they start yawning at this point. That will be so fun to feel him with the hiccups! I can't even imagine what it will feel like.

I have really started thinking about things that we will need for when the baby comes. I know that we need the basics, but I don't know where to even start in looking to purchase these things. I really want to start buying things now so that we aren't buying everything at the last minute. Any moms out there have any tips for things that I can start looking at now? Or what are your favorite items that you have for your baby that you would recommend I get? Thanks for all of your advice and help!

3 comments:

Lauren and Eric said...

I am sorry that I don't have advice to offer you :) But I just wanted to tell you again how excited I am for you! It sounds like your second trimester is going amazing! I can't wait to see you soon!

DandJBrewer said...

on sevenslings.com you can get a free sling by using the promo code of "utah". I just ordered one for myself this morning. Dan and I are coming up this weekend and I'd be happy to bring you some of my maternity clothes if you'd like? Also when you go to register most places give a suggestions list. Those can be really helpful and so can bringing an experienced mom with you to get your registry done.
One thing Dan and I did that worked out nicely too, instead of getting a bassinet we got a pack'n'play with a new born napper and changing table.

Heather said...

Since I was just in your shoes I have a LONG list of baby purchasing advice. Maybe we can do lunch one day since we are so close to each other at work? I can bring my advice right along with me! I already have it all typed up because my cousin just asked for the same thing and I emailed it to her. :) Let me know!