I secretly have to admit that I was hoping for a boy. Jeff said it straight out that he wanted a boy from the beginning, but I wasn't one bit surprised about that. He wants to take his little guy riding horses, hunting, wakeboarding and teach him everything he knows about everything. I can understand that. But the real reason I wanted a boy was... well, there are a few reasons. One: He will have SO many uncles to look up to. They are going to have so much fun doing stuff together. Two: He has a cousin, Holden, who will be so close in age to him. That will be fun for them to be buddies. Three: I was so worried that if we had a girl I would be the worst mom at making her fun little bows and dressing her in adorable clothes, etc. I just need some practice with a boy first :) Four: I grew up with ALL brothers. I don't know anything different other than living with boys. It just seems natural that we would have a boy.
Even though all these reasons crossed my mind, I still hope that we do get a girl in our family. It would be so fun to have that little one to dress in adorable easter dresses and to play dolls with.
The ultrasound was such a fun experience. My doctor lets us record any of the ultrasounds that he does and so I have watched the ultrasound probably ten times already since we had the appointment. I just love being able to see our little man whenever I want to. I can't quite feel him moving around yet, so it is nice to have that peace of mind.
During the ultrasound at first the baby was facing us, almost downward in the placenta, with his legs curled up in front of his body. The doctor said that he probably wouldn't be able to see gender. He looked around, zoomed in, and took an educated guess of boy but said "Don't go out and buy anything, that is completely a guess from what I can see (*and not see). Well, he started doing other measurments... the abdomen (Which Jeff and I both thought looked just like his head haha) and his little tibia bone and the circumference of his head. After he was done with the measurements, he zoomed back out and the baby had completely flipped onto his back. It was so fun to see his belly and his little feet squirming, or more like kicking, in my tummy. The doctor took a look and the baby's legs were spread wide open! Dr. Spencer then says "Alright, that is for sure a boy." And I look at Jeff and he is behind the doctor just pumping his fist. He was so excited! Which made me so excited! It was a really fun appointment. We have to wait 5 weeks until our next appointment because my doc will be out of town in 4 weeks, but that is okay. At my next appointment we will get another ultrasound, which I am SO excited about, and there will be a sonographer who will look at everything! We will get all the measurements and they will make sure again that it is a boy (although, this ultrasound showed his stuff pretty dang clear!). I am just really excited to get to see my little boy again!
We started thinking about painting the bedroom, getting the closets in our room re-done so we have enough space for everything, and even paint colors and bedroom decorations. Now that we know it is a boy, there is so many fun things to think about! We are really excited about this active little baby!
2 comments:
Wahoo! Boys are AWESOME! Of course I've never had a girl to know otherwise.... but you'll love it. I'm excited for you guys, and for the same reasons as you, the bows and flower stuff, a girl scares me.... although I really hope that's what mine is :) we need some balance around here!
Again so exciting for you guys, I love reading about your experiences, it makes me smile, and glad that I have boys to chase around to keep my mind off of it! But if it give you a little hope, I felt my baby this morning, not so much moving around, just more of a hard bump on my tummy.... so that time is coming soon for you!
Sorry, way long comment..... they'll keep coming though I'm sure. Oh yeah and you're lucky, I don't get to find out what we're having till April.... we're going on vacation and insurance stuff.... so I'm jealous :)
melis im so excited for you, congrats!!!!
Post a Comment