Wednesday, February 2, 2011

13 Weeks Today...

Wow, the time feels like it is creeping by now! For a while there I felt like the weeks were just flying by! But wasn't it just a few days ago that I was telling people I was "about 13 weeks." Ugh, I just wanted it here so bad and now that I have been stretching the weeks out, they are going by much slower (which is crazy, because I feel like I am SO much busier).

I have to admit, I am a little depressed today. Mainly because someone last night (who knows I am pregnant, by the way... not a stranger) told me I was showing. WHAT? I am not supposed to be showing yet. It is just my food baby that is showing. I want to be one of those skinny girls who barely starts poppin' when they are almost half way. Looks like we are in for a long haul (and I am not using that term lightly) :) Sometimes I look at skinny people and think "you suck." haha is that horrible? Probably. And I probably shouldn't be admitting it to my blog world, but I figure hardly anyone reads these things anyway. It will be something I can laugh at later, even though I am completely serious now. ha!

So, I guess I am showing. Well... the food baby bump (fbb we will call it) has immersed. I hate the fbb. I look at my belly and I think... where did that come from so fast?! I have been able to run and exercise, I play volleyball twice a week, run 3 miles the other two weekdays and I am still packin it on like a bear preparing for hibernation. How I wish I could stay in my den and hibernate all winter.

The baby is doing well. I guess. I don't really know. I still don't feel "it" but I had a dream last night that I felt my baby kick and I looked down at my belly and I could see the indent of the foot stretching out on my tummy. It was awesome! I woke up and looked at my belly hoping it was true... but it was just flab. haha, jk. But, no baby foot. I hear prego ladies have interesting dreams, so I am excited I had one. It will be fun to see how weird they really get!

We are getting really excited to see our baby again. I still have absolutely no idea what I am going to have. A lot of our friends think we are going to have a boy (mostly because they all have boys and "Heavenly Father knows that Jeff needs a boy too) haha, boys are so funny. I still have this tiny, itsy bitsy, lil inkling that it is a girl. But, let's be honest. I have no idea. I will be overly-excited no matter boy or girl. I just can't stop wondering about it! I don't know how people wait until the baby is born to find out. Way to go! That is seriously impressive.

Apparently our baby is the size of a peach right now! That seems big to me! Even though I know that it is still teeny tiny. Compared to the pinto bean, we have made some serious progress! Here is what the update for our lil peanut says from "What to Expect":

Your Baby in Week 13 of Pregnancy


What's up with your baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of hers is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, her body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction (the first step toward saying, "I love you, Mommy!"). And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth (a habit that may come in handy for self-soothing when she’s a newborn).


It is crazy to think that the lil babe could suck on its thumb at this point! Seriously amazing how Heavenly Father has created such an incredible process of creation. It is unbelievable and truly such a miracle.

The morning sickness comes and goes as it pleases. annoying. But it hasn't really been all that bad. I am still sick in the mornings (most days. There have been a few that I didn't get sick. I thought today was going to be one of them. Nope.) And some nights I get sick, but I have found that it is usually when I have something with rice for dinner that I find myself getting sick later that night. Every dinner I have ever thrown up was with rice. Coincedence? I highly doubt it.

School is going well, although I find myself entirely fatigued and wanting to crawl right back to bed during my first class of the day. It doesnt matter what we are doing, I am always fighting to keep my eyes open. Maybe I need to go to bed earlier than 9:30. That is pretty early for me, but any excuse I can get to sleep works for me. I am just super tired ALL the time. But, especially in the morning. Can't wait for that second trimester to come. I heard it is much better during those 13 weeks!

Maybe I will post some pictures soon. We will see. I have been depressed about my growing belly, so maybe we wont see. haha.

3 comments:

Lauren and Eric said...

I want to see a picture! I don't believe that you are showing or that you even have an fbb... you were looking so thin the last time I saw you, so I just don't believe that it could happen that fast! Hang in there and I hope to see you soon! PS I think it's going to be a girl :)

Krista said...

Girl from your picture you look tiny and cute!! I think you need to post more recent pictures though! :)

Shanna said...

Melissa what are you talking about you look so thin!! I envy you and the exercise you are able to do! I love how you write in these posts because everything you say is true. Don't worry though because in another month or two you'll look down at a bump and the bloating stage will be over :)