Other than the sickness and feeling fatigued much more than usual, I feel really good! I have been able to play volleyball twice a week on leagues and I am running more than I did before I was pregnant. I really regret that I let myself get into such a rut of not exercising. I gained a lot of unneeded/unwanted weight and now I am wishing I was back in my marathon body that I had a year ago. How did I go from running every single day to running 3 times a week to not running at all? Most likely it was laziness... but also, life really just hit me hard when I started working full time, coaching full time, and trying to find time to spend with the love of my life. I have found that being pregnant has really helped me to focus on me. On my health. On what I want my baby to have when he/she comes into the world (which is definitely not a tired, tubby, overweight mommy).
A few friends have told me that when you are pregnant you really get motivated to lose the weight after you have the baby and I feel like I have already hit that stage, even though I don't "look" pregnant at all. *note: I must say that I think I look pregnant, but I am sure no one else can see that. I tend to wear my baggier clothes, lots of sweatshirts (thank goodness it is winter), and it could mostly be in my head because I feel very bloated and gassy. once again. probably t.m.i. haha, whatev. I still feel that I have already received that motivation to be in shape and stay in shape. My Doctor has told me that I am okay to exercise as long as I could hold a conversation with someone while I am working out. Just basically saying, I don't want you working out so hard that you couldn't talk to someone if you wanted to. I find myself pretending to talk to someone while I am running on the treadmill (yes, I am such a wimp when it comes to the cold) and I am sure that the people around me probably think I am crazy. But hopefully they are busy singing along to the music that is in their ears.
I guess what I want to remember most about my pregnancy right now is that even though I feel sick most of the day, I still can live my normal life. I always thought that if I were a sick preggers then my life would change completely, I would be in bed all the time, and I would not live the same life I had before. This has not been the case at all for me. I feel less sick when I am working out, less sick when I am at work, and less sick when I am doing something to get my mind of being sick.
In the last year we have had like 10 friends/family members have babies and it is so fun to be able to play with these babies, hold them, and get excited that soon enough (6 1/2 months actually) we will have our own little bundle of joy to play with and hold and love. I am indescribably thrilled for that time, however I am also reminded of the country song "You're gonna miss this" and I am trying not to miss out on our life as a "single" family until the baby comes. That will be amazing, but life right now is amazing too, and I don't want to miss any of it.
2 comments:
Melissa, you have such a good positive attitude. I seriously am impressed that you are holding life together so well while feeling so sick and tired. And way to go with the working out! Getting back into the routine of doing it is definitely the hardest part :) You are already such a good momma to want to stay healthy for your little babes. Love you girl! Hope to see you soon.
I love this blog Missy! Great idea!
p.s. I am the only girl vote so far!
Whit
Post a Comment