Thursday, December 16, 2010

{is my eggo prego?}

Well... the question is posed.

I have taken two fertility tests this week. At the beginning of the week I took my first test. To be quite honest, I have never had to pee on a stick and I really had no idea how it worked. I think I did it right... ew... but I still wasn't positive what the results were! One line was so dark, the other so faint. I figured I needed to take another one because I probably did it wrong and the results were invalid. Last night I took another test. Most exciting/scary/anxiety driven 3 minutes of my life. I felt like immediately the lines were bold and distinct. Was that really a + sign? Was the underneath line too faint? Are we going to be parents to a baby angel?

Jeff and I have secretly been trying to get pregnant since August. I thought for a while there that it was impossible! I will admit, we weren't really planning on having a baby in August. Then again, I haven't even been to the doctor, but based on my last menstrual cycle, that is my prediction. August is a crazy month for me. I have school, volleyball. Wow. What am I going to do? I still want to teach through my pregnancies and I still want to coach... but I am going to need some serious blessings and help along the way!

I can't tell you how excited we are to be at this point in our lives. We have both wanted to start our family for a while now, but it just hasn't been the right timing. I feel like our Heavenly Father really does know us and sends these angel babies to us when the time is right.

I have my first doctor appointment on December 27th... two days after Christmas. Talk about the best Christmas present ANYONE could ask for. I guess we will see if the pregnancy test is right or if we are gettting are hopes completely up for nada. If I had to guess though, I would say that I am pregnant. I have felt "weird" lately. Not necessarily sick or dizzy or any of the obvious symptoms of pregnancy, really. But I have felt different. I feel a little bit nauseated in the mornings and evenings (luckily it hasn't bothered me at all during school) but I don't know if that is just a lack of sleep or actualy pregnancy sickness.

The updates will be coming.

No comments: